As the use of the internet is growing, you may be thinking about how you can improve SEO to get better ranking results. There are plenty of options for the visitors and your website has to be on the top result of the search engine if you want to grab the visitor’s attention.
Think of it this way; anyone not visiting your website means they are exploring your competitor’s website. It means you should know how to increase your SEO ranking on Google if you want to get ahead of your competitors.
In the article below, we will come across some of the most effective ways to make this possible.
- Improve your website loading speed
- Make your website Mobile Friendly
- Publish Informative content
- Optimize the old content on the website
- Keyword implementation in content
- Structure your content for featured snippets
- Create clean, focused, and optimized URLs
- Optimize images
- Get backlinks from authority sites
- Track metrics with Google Analytics
- Optimize for on-page SEO factors
- Improve local SEO
- Use internal linking
- Encourage sharing on social media
Let’s dive in to grab detail about each one of it:
1. Improve your website loading speed
As per Google, the website speed more the revenue
It is because if your website is slow, it can increase bounce rate and reduce the chances of conversion. So it turns out that website loading speed is also a ranking factor. You can check your website speed for both desktop and mobile on the Google page speed insights page.
Check out some of the tips that can help speed up your website.
- Compress images posted on the website
- Get a good hosting
- Reduce web page file size
- Delete unwanted 3rd party scripts
2. Make Your Website Mobile Friendly
People nowadays use mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets while they make searches online. It takes more than a responsive design to engage your audience. Everything on your website from its layout to the images should be compatible with smartphones.
3. Publish Informative content
If you want more traffic to your website and increase popularity, you need to engage your audience. It is possible if you post high-quality, latest trends and relevant content on the website. Another factor that impacts your SEO ranking is called the dwell time. It is the time a person spends on your website per visit.
If your site has fresh, exciting, and informative content, it will keep visitors for a longer time on your website and improve dwell times.
4. Optimize the old content on the website
It is another important factor that affects the SEO ranking of the website on Google. There are several reasons why you should update older content on the website.
Find out about them as follows:
- Adding the latest update about the topic
- Updating important aspects that will help the reader
- You come across new SEO techniques that will enhance your article’s appearance on Google.
- Optimizing the title or description to grab more visitors to your website
- Your writing skills have improved with time
Once you update your old articles, you should share them on social media to let people know about them. It will help Google rank your content again and grab more visitors to buy your service.
5. Keyword implementation in content
Keywords play an important role in website ranking. You should implement the words in the content that people will search for through content. But you have to do it carefully. If you go overboard with the keywords, Google can penalize you and it can also drop the ranking. Keywords should fit into sentences naturally.
Points to keep in mind for keyword implementation:
- Implement keywords that match the user search query
- Keywords should fit into sentences naturally.
- Implement them in heading tags and images
- Make use of long-tail keywords( 3 to 4 words phrases)
All this will help in improving the SEO ranking of the website.
6. Structure your content for featured snippets
Featured snippets are the boxes that appear in Google’s top search results. It is from one of the results in the top 10. Google uses the content from the information you post on your website. So you need the correct content format if you want your website to end up in the coveted featured snippet spot.
- First, article with optimized headings
- Use subheadings that describe the content in each section.
- Use the same H tag while implementing the same subheadings (H2, H3, H4, etc.).
Google will sometimes pull that subheading to generate a list-based Featured Snippet.
7. Create clean, focused, and optimized URLs
While your title can be catchy or emotional but your website URL shouldn’t. You should follow latent semantic indexing for better results. It is very powerful as it can give an SEO boost, but not many sites are using it. LSI is the process search engines use to get related keywords similar to main keywords.
Sniff out unnecessary code
Adding code is good, but it should be as per requirements. If a site has excess code, search engines will take time to crawl your website which is bad for your site. And your code should be lightweight. It will help to reduce your page loading time which results in better SEO results.
8. Optimize images
Having optimized images on your website can help drive traffic to your website. It results in boosting SEO. Besides, sending customers directly to your website via Google Images, visual content enhances your text-based content.
Tips for image optimization
- Use image format that is easy to load
- Add alt tags, image file names, and titles
- Copyright for images
- View images for Mobile-friendliness
- Limit the use of stock images already in use by another website
- Add unique, relevant & descriptive alt texts for images to let search engines understand what an image is.
- Get backlinks from authority sites
If you have optimized your website on-page but still you may not make it to the top results of Google. That’s where comes the role of making backlinks on high-authority sites to promote your website. There are plenty of link-building strategies you can use.
- Create high-quality shareable content to publish on blogs and news sites in your niche.
- Create data-driven content through an original survey, public data, or internal data.
- Write about the trending news story to get a publisher to feature your data and credit you back with a link.
- Do guest posting in your niche to improve your Google ranking.
- Use Backlinks Analytics Tool to find your competitor’s backlinks.
- Track metrics with Google Analytics
If you follow the above strategies, you will see improvement in your website ranking within a few months. If you want to see how your SEO ranking is improving, you need Google Analytics.
What you can check on Google Analytics?
- Number of users available on your website now
- Check your audience locations
- Devices on which users are viewing your website
- Find your audience’s interest
- Know about channels that drive the most traffic
- Keep track of your marketing campaigns
- Check website popular pages
- Check your site loading time
- View conversion rate of the site
- Evaluate the purchase activity of users on your site
- Track clicks on the website
9. Optimize for on-page SEO factors
As mentioned earlier, quality content lays the foundation of SEO. But unless your content is optimized, it won’t rank on search engines. While you take care of the above factors, you also need to SEO optimize on-page
Major factors to consider for SEO optimized on-page involve:
- Keyword implementation in title and content
- Use of closely-related words and phrases
10. Improve local SEO
If your business serves a specific area then you have to focus on local SEO. It will help to make your business visible in local search results. Local search queries involve Google Maps results, local business listing results, and organic search results.
Here are some recommendations for optimizing for local search:
- Make your Google Business Profile
- Add your contact information where user can attract you
- Update your Google Business Profile with weekly posts or offers
- Respond to reviews
- Add location pages for your website
- Optimize your website by making use of local keywords
11. Use internal linking
Internal links, as the name, suggest meaning linking a page to another on the same website. When done right, internal linking helps your website in ranking.
How internal linking can help your website?
- Help search engines to know your website structure
- Pass Authority
- Help Users to Navigate Between Website Pages
12. Encourage sharing on social media
- Adding information on trending topics and content formats
- Publishing shareable content formats (video, images, and breaking news)
- Crafting captions that make your posts more visible
Make sure you post mobile-friendly content.
Even though you can’t increase your website SEO ranking overnight, making the above changes can help to improve your website SEO over the long run.