Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of affecting & positively increasing the quantity and quality of online visibility or traffic on a website or web page in a web search engine’s unpaid results section generally known as natural or organic results.
What actually are integral job aspects of being a SEO?
To understand what SEO really means, let’s break it down and look at it in parts:
- Quality of traffic – All the people on the internet can get attracted to your presence on Google but if they are there just randomly or by mistake it’s not quality. Quality is when they are genuinely interested in your product.
- Quantity of traffic – Once you have the right people looking for your product & clicking through from those search engine results pages (SERPs) for it, more traffic is better for you.
- Organic results – Ads make up a significant portion of many SERPs and they comes under paid traffic on the other hand organic traffic is that traffic you don’t have to pay for which comes with additional hard work & quality content .
Here in Given Fig. 1.1 , it is showing that most of the people are using Search engines for any query and doubts, and 29.4% people are using the rest sources, such as socialmedia… As the compettion is high in the market so, you need to stay updated and the SEO needs to be strong.
SEO Profile can further be divided into two parts-
On-site SEO (also known as on-page SEO) is about optimizing elements on a website in order to make it rank better or higher so that more relevant traffic can be earned from different search engines. On-site SEO work on optimizing both the content & the HTML source code of a page.
On site SEO also contribute in helping users quickly and clearly to understand what a page is about & if it’s serving their queries.
On-Page SEO Task List
Task List will raise your website rank on search engines friendly by implementing standard industry guidelines.
1. Keyword research & analysis
This step involves doing research for the words which users most searches on Google and make a list of most suitable words to target.
2. Create unique title for each page
This step involves that writing a unique title for each page is necessary.
3. Give unique keyword and description tags for each page
This step includes writing unique meta keyword and description for each page.
4. Heading tags optimization
It involves optimization of every page to ensure the page has suitable use of heading tag.
5. Internal link navigation
It includes set up of proper linking between pages.
6. Images and alt tag
In this step each image on the pages are optimized with proper name and alt tags.
7. Google analytics installation
It consist installation of Google analytics for schedule and tracking monthly traffic report.
8. Make SEO friendly URL structure
In this step you need to optimize URL of the pages and just try to fit the keywords within the page name and URL. It may not suit in all the cases depending number of pages and on nature of website.
9. XML and HTML sitemaps creation
a sitemap for user and one for search engines will be created.
10. Sitemap submit in google webmaster tool
submit the sitemap to search engine (Google) which consist all pages of the site that we want to index.
11. Keywords density set
Edit the pages and modify the content and insert the keywords within the text area in proper density.
GOALS of an on-site SEO
- To help understanding what a webpage is all about
- Identifying the page which is relevant to a search query( with a particular keyword or keywords)
- Find the page which is useful & qualified of ranking well on search engines result pages(SERP)
As it is showing in Fig 2.1, after creating the link with strong SEO the rank will increase on every second.
Off-site SEO (also known as Off-page SEO) job is to take actions apart from own website which helps impacting the rankings in a positive manner within search engine result pages (SERPS).
Goals of an On-site SEO
- Keeping in mind user’s perception
- Effectively vouching the quality of the content present on the website.
- Keeping the relevance & trust within a website so that forever changing algorithms and rankings doesn’t affect much popularity of a website.
How does a SEO works?
This is a job of SEO to consider how search engines work, how computer programmed algorithms which dictate search engine behavior is are working, what people are generally searching for, the actual search terms or keywords getting typed into search engines, and which are those search engines that are preferred by their targeted audience.
Optimizing a website genuinely may involve editing its content, adding to the content, doing HTML and also doing the associated coding that works for both increasing its relevance to specific keywords and to remove the barriers that come in between the indexing activities of search engines. Promotions of a site to increase the number of back links in it, or inbound links, are part of SEO tactics.
Importance of SEO
- SEO is an integral soldier for social promotion of your web site. All the web users who find your web site by searching Google or Yahoo are more likely to promote it on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ or on the other social media channels as well.
- SEO is extremely important for the smooth running of a big web site. Web sites with more than one author can get directly or indirectly benefitted from SEO. Their direct benefit lies in increase of search engine traffic and their indirect benefit lies in having a common framework (checklists) to use it before publishing any content on the website.
- Honestly SEO can put you ahead in the competition. If two web sites are selling the same product, the search engine optimized web site is more likely to have more potential customers and can make more sales.
Benefits of having an SEO
- The Results comes at Low Cost
- Definite increase in the amount of Traffic
- Higher Brand Credibility because people trust Google
- 250 Million websites are swimming on Google, SEO helps you to stand out Results are permanent